Thank you for your Miss H and Me custom.
With every garment you purchase at Miss H and Me, a portion of the profit will be donated to these two fantastic charities that we support:
Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand*
Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand is the Catholic Bishops’ agency for justice, peace and development. We are working on behalf of the New Zealand Catholic Bishops Conference for a world free of poverty and injustice through community development, advocacy, education and emergency relief.
- We provide community development and emergency relief overseas.
- We educate and advocate on social justice issues to counter poverty and injustice around the world, including in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Gospel values and Catholic social teaching underpin our work.
- Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand has 21 staff based in Wellington and two in Auckland.
- We are part of Caritas Internationalis, an international confederation of 165 Catholic aid, development and social justice agencies.
- The Caritas network operates in over 200 countries and territories, supporting the poorest and most vulnerable, regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality.
For further information about Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand, please check out their website at www.caritas.org.nz.
Wellington Hospitals Foundation*
Wellington Hospitals Foundation is a registered Charitable Trust.
Our mission is to involve our communities in our hospitals and health services and our challenge is to raise funds for ‘extra medical projects’ that aren’t Government funded.
We are lucky in New Zealand to have free healthcare, but funding isn’t limitless and some things aren’t covered. Basically, you will always have access to free healthcare, but we provide the things that make that healthcare faster, better and more comfortable.
Our region covers in excess of 900,000 people.
We support 5 areas in the Wellington region – Wellington Regional Hospital, Wellington Regional Children’s Hospital, Kenepuru Hospital and Kapiti Health Centre. These hospitals provide Tertiary Services for the lower North Island and the Marlborough/Nelson region.
We’ve already successfully funded over $14 million for hospital projects over the past 10 years.
Also, with great thanks to our wonderful team of Hospital Volunteers, the Wellington Hospitals Foundation’s Volunteer Service was awarded the overall winners of the 2017 Ministry of Health Volunteer Awards, as well as the winner of the Health Care Provider Service Volunteer Team award.
For further information about the Wellington Hospitals Foundation, please check out their website at www.whf.org.nz.
(*Excerpts taken from the websites of Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand and Wellington Hospitals Foundation.)